Re: Fox Hunting #foxhunt

Andrew Koenig

The external battery is 19aH and the internal batteries are 12aH (total), yielding 31aH. All of the batteries are aging though; the 19aH is a John West special from ~5 years ago at the DARC, and it was surplus when he got it.

Ian, I like your approach. Let's give that a try and if it doesn't make it through a weekend we'll look buying something new.

The reading Phil saw (12aH) was what the charger sourced to the batteries, meaning they are pulling far less than the 31 theoretical amp-hours. The whole thing pulls around an amp when transmitting, and I think ~0.45A when idling.

73 de KE5GDB

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 4:40 PM Ian Stubbs <kc5dfc@...> wrote:
I found an 18ah unit that is about the same form factor. Will drop it at the fox when I find it next Saturday.

Regards,
Ian Stubbs

On Sep 29, 2019, at 3:08 PM, Philip Cook <ka5gkl@...> wrote:

Waiting for Andrew to answer.  That’s what it read when I put it out.

 73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
Richardson RACES #311
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

On Sep 29, 2019, at 2:54 PM, Ian Stubbs <kc5dfc@...> wrote:

What is the preferred amp hour rating?  I didn't look at the one on the fox closely but it is somewhere in the 12ah range?

Regards,
Ian Stubbs
KC5DFC

On Sep 29, 2019, at 1:55 PM, Robert Hill <roberthill@...> wrote:

Same here, haven't been hunting yet but it is in my future. A few $$ is worth it.

On 9/29/2019 1:07 PM, Danny K5CG via Groups.Io wrote:
Is there a way to have it pause between midnight and 8am.

Really though, how many are going to go fox hunting after midnight?