Re: KerberosSDR #foxhunt #ksdr

Willie - N8WP

I know. I started looking at the RTL-SDR, it is a single SDR radio. The antenna switching is required. It is also about $25. I later learned about the Kerberos, which contains 4 RTL-SRDs.

Willie

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019, 22:10 Danny K5CG via Groups.Io <k5cg=hamoperator.org@groups.io> wrote:
Willie, the KerberosSDR system is not doppler RDF. It is 4 - RTL-SDR receviers sharing a common clock with sync'd I/Q (coherent) and it compares the phase of the I/Q output to determine the direction of arrival. It's a cut above traditional doppler RDF because it doesn't need to switch/rotate the antennas to create the psuedo-doppler effect. You then also don't have to filter out the antenna switching frequency from the audio.

Danny

From: "wpeloqui" <wpeloqui@...>
To: "main" <main@k5rwk.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 5:17:24 PM
Subject: Re: [k5rwk] KerberosSDR

Hi,
I am thinking about getting the same equipment. It looks good. I am thinking about 3D printing a holder to make a mobile adcock antenna that has 4 vertical dipoles. I was also working on designing a doppler rdf which uses a RTL-SDR. I bought one, I just need to devise an antenna switching circuit and some software. I am very interested in learning more about the doppler shifts and perhaps use a Raspberry Pi with the single RTL-SDR. I know I can write the software, I just need to do a lot of research on the algorithms.

Willie
N8WP

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 3:44 PM SUPERALPHA <mike.a.mccafferty@...> wrote:
Who has setup a synchronous SDR with RPi and tracking app on Android?  I have everything except the antennas and am working on loading it all up.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Mike McCafferty
N5MMC

--
Willie Peloquin
N8WP

Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation.

Join main@K5RWK.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.