Andrew, I just had a look.  Impressive.

Joe
KI5O

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 11:33 AM Andrew Koenig <ke5gdb@...> wrote:
No additional weatherproofing was performed. The Denton cameras have been out for over a year now without any issues. I would just suggest not mounting it upside down.

If you can get a good view of the sky I'd be happy to host it on this server. I just don't want to host people's personal security systems.

73 de KE5GDB

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020, 10:57 AM Andrew Damiano <damiano1729@...> wrote:
Are they exposed to the elements? Have you done anything to protect them from rain / water? The quality looks real good. I am thinking I might mount one on my tower

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 9:52 AM Andrew Koenig <ke5gdb@...> wrote:
These are all the Ubiquiti G3 Flex cameras. $80, POE (both 24v and 802.3ad), and available at microcenter. So far they've been really solid. They're performing a lot better than the Pi cameras I was using before.

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020, 9:23 AM Andrew Damiano <damiano1729@...> wrote:
This is really cool! What kind of cameras are you using?

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 8:42 PM Andrew Koenig <ke5gdb@...> wrote:
All,

One of the pending RWK projects is to install some webcams up on our main repeater site, and possibly other RWK sites as well. With other groups, I have already installed several cameras, including at 1500' on the Rosston tower out past Valley View. These are always fun to watch during storms.

Here's a link to the server. It will include the RWK cameras when we get those on the air.

http://apt.koe.ng:7080/
user: rwk
pass: K5RWKK5RWK

The server may be rebooted a few times as I get it into the final location in the rack, but this should be fairly reliable.

Ubiquiti does have an app to view this from your phone, but it's quite buggy and falls into the "use at your own risk" category.

73 de KE5GDB

--
Andrew Koenig

Join main@K5RWK.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.