Topics

147.12 Repeater Update - QRP Mode

Andrew Koenig

A quick trip was made to the repeater site this evening. Several issues were found, including a spent polyphaser, questionable coax jumper, and a questionable type N bulkhead connector. These pieces were replaced, and the symptoms greatly improved, but the repeater still exhibited some desense when the transmitter was keyed (it's hearing itself just a little bit).

Ultimately we bypassed the power amplifier. The power output from the duplexers was reduced from 50 watts to 12 watts (80w TPO to 20w TPO).

The antenna has 28.4dB return loss, which is awesome (you can convert return loss to SWR, my test set gives return loss though).

Anyway, the repeater may not be as loud, but it can sure hear a lot better now. Please pay attention and let us know if you hear any further changes in how things sound.

73 de KE5GDB

Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ

Thanks Andrew for all the hard work you do keeping the RWK up and running. Hopefully you will be able to get the machine back up to full power soon. 73

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

David Cummings-WA5TET

Thanks for the hard work Andrew. I handled 2 machines for over 10 years and it takes a lot of time.

73’s Dave WA5TET

On Jan 9, 2020, at 21:24, Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ via Groups.Io <billyrpark@...> wrote:

Thanks Andrew for all the hard work you do keeping the RWK up and running. Hopefully you will be able to get the machine back up to full power soon. 73

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

Danny K5CG

David's hinting to get on the repeater committee! :)

David Hartwig

Ditto, thanks again Andrew for all the dedication!  You sure put in a lot of time.  I was able to RX in Grand Prairie west of Lone Star Park clearly this afternoon.