Topics

Fox Hunt - Saturday 8/10 & Sunday 8/11 @ 8:00AM - 144.5MHz #foxhunt

Andrew Koenig

It's time for round five!

Billy KG5RQZ will be our fox master this week. He'll be placing fox #1, and I'll place fox #2.

Information for weekend of Saturday 8/10:

Time: Sat 8:00AM until battery dies -- last weekend it was alive until 9:00PM Sunday
Frequency: 144.5MHz
Transmitter Power: 5 watts
Constraints: Within the City of Richardson

Fox 2 will be on 147.44MHz! It will be turned on just after 8:00AM as well. Its batteries are weaker than fox #1, so it may only make it through Saturday. It's also smaller hidden in more advanced places.

I'll have a log sheet with the fox so you can record what time you found it and your callsign.

Happy hunting!

73 de KE5GDB

(PS: Feel free to pass this along to other area clubs)

Joe Hodgkins KI5O

Thank you Andrew and Billy!!!!

Joe KI5O

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 2:33 PM Andrew Koenig <ke5gdb@...> wrote:
It's time for round five!

Billy KG5RQZ will be our fox master this week. He'll be placing fox #1, and I'll place fox #2.

Information for weekend of Saturday 8/10:

Time: Sat 8:00AM until battery dies -- last weekend it was alive until 9:00PM Sunday
Frequency: 144.5MHz
Transmitter Power: 5 watts
Constraints: Within the City of Richardson

Fox 2 will be on 147.44MHz! It will be turned on just after 8:00AM as well. Its batteries are weaker than fox #1, so it may only make it through Saturday. It's also smaller hidden in more advanced places.

I'll have a log sheet with the fox so you can record what time you found it and your callsign.

Happy hunting!

73 de KE5GDB

(PS: Feel free to pass this along to other area clubs)

Michael WT9V

I was talking to someone at the DARC meeting the other day, and they said they really liked the way we were doing  the foxhunts, in their old club, whoever found the fox first would shut it down and take it back with them!

Where's the fun in that?

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019, 3:07 PM Joe Hodgkins KI5O <ki5ojoe@...> wrote:
[...]

Danny K5CG

We have another idea in mind. Stay tuned...

[...]

oh now, you know I can't stand suspense!  :lol:

Michael, WT9V
On 8/9/19 5:55 PM, Danny K5CG via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

I only have control of the vertical.

Andrew has control of the horizontal.

[...]

Mark Hammons

But who can change it to a soft blur?

On Aug 9, 2019, at 10:18 PM, Danny K5CG via Groups.Io <k5cg@...> wrote:

[...]

ho boy... Not sure whether to be scared, or excited... or both. :D

Michael, WT9V
On 8/9/19 10:18 PM, Danny K5CG via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Just smear some vaseline on the lens.

Michael, WT9V
On 8/9/19 10:25 PM, Mark Hammons via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ

Ok fox hunters. Fox 1 is alive. Happy hunting and good luck. 73.

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 23:13, Michael
<wt9v.tx@...> wrote:

[...]

Philip Cook <n5uh@...>

Thanks, Billy.

 73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

<wt9v.tx@...> wrote:

[...]

I forgot to mention, the log is in a Ziploc bag and behind the external battery.

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 8:23, Philip Cook
<n5uh@...> wrote:
Thanks, Billy.

 73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

<wt9v.tx@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Billy!

Joe KI5O

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 9:04 AM Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ via Groups.Io <billyrpark=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I forgot to mention, the log is in a Ziploc bag and behind the external battery.

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 8:23, Philip Cook
<n5uh@...> wrote:
Thanks, Billy.

 73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

<wt9v.tx@...> wrote:

[...]

Here are the results for the big fox from the weekend:
 1st was KE5GDB
 2nd was KG5YXA
 3rd was N5UH/WB5HSI Team Koala
 4th was KI5O
 5th was KD4C
 Hope y'all had fun! 73

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 10:09, Joe Hodgkins KI5O
<ki5ojoe@...> wrote:
Thanks Billy!

Joe KI5O

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 9:04 AM Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ via Groups.Io <billyrpark=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I forgot to mention, the log is in a Ziploc bag and behind the external battery.

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 8:23, Philip Cook
<n5uh@...> wrote:
Thanks, Billy.

 73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

<wt9v.tx@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Billy.  It was fun!

 73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

<ki5ojoe@...> wrote:
Thanks Billy!

Joe KI5O

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 9:04 AM Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ via Groups.Io <billyrpark=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I forgot to mention, the log is in a Ziploc bag and behind the external battery.

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 8:23, Philip Cook
<n5uh@...> wrote:
Thanks, Billy.

 73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

<wt9v.tx@...> wrote:

[...]

Sam Wash

Thanks Billy! Looking forward to the next one!

On Aug 12, 2019, at 1:26 PM, Philip Cook <n5uh@...> wrote:

Thanks, Billy.  It was fun!

 73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

<ki5ojoe@...> wrote:
Thanks Billy!

Joe KI5O

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 9:04 AM Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ via Groups.Io <billyrpark=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I forgot to mention, the log is in a Ziploc bag and behind the external battery.

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 8:23, Philip Cook
<n5uh@...> wrote:
Thanks, Billy.

 73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

<wt9v.tx@...> wrote:

[...]

Billy Abernathy - KI5EWP

It was fun to go out on the hunt. I didn’t locate the fox but I am pretty sure I was in close proximity. Has anyone posted where it was located.

Thanks,
Billy Abernathy
KI5EWP

<ki5ojoe@...> wrote:
Thanks Billy!

Joe KI5O

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 9:04 AM Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ via Groups.Io <billyrpark=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I forgot to mention, the log is in a Ziploc bag and behind the external battery.

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 8:23, Philip Cook
<n5uh@...> wrote:
Thanks, Billy.

 73,

Philip Cook - N5UH