Topics

Fox Hunt - Saturday 8/24 & Sunday 8/25 @ 8:00AM - 144.5MHz #foxhunt

Andrew Koenig

It's time for round seven!

Once again, Billy KG5RQZ will be our fox master this week!

Tune in on the RWK 147.12MHz repeater for fox hunt related discussion. Discussions about technique, cleverness of the fox master, and complaining about the fox transmit interval are encouraged; fox location spoilers are strictly forbidden per 47 CFR § 97.113(a)(4) ("... obscene or indecent words or language...").

Information for weekend of Saturday 8/24:

Time: Sat 8:00AM until battery dies -- typically late Sunday evening
Frequency: 144.5MHz
Transmitter Power: 5 watts
Constraints: Within the City of Richardson

Happy hunting!

73 de KE5GDB

(PS: Feel free to pass this along to other area clubs)

--
Andrew Koenig

Philip Cook <ka5gkl@...>

Fox Hunt Announcement-
If you haven’t heard, we have a remedial bunch of fox hunters (not really remedial I think we are about 75% success so what is that a B or C) who like to hunt as a team.  If you are new to hunting or just want the camaraderie, send an email to me and I’ll send you instructions to join “Team Koala”.

“Fox hunting is like golf and golf is a game of luck...the more you practice they luckier you get!”

 73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

On Aug 23, 2019, at 5:36 PM, Andrew Koenig <ke5gdb@...> wrote:

It's time for round seven!

Once again, Billy KG5RQZ will be our fox master this week!

Tune in on the RWK 147.12MHz repeater for fox hunt related discussion. Discussions about technique, cleverness of the fox master, and complaining about the fox transmit interval are encouraged; fox location spoilers are strictly forbidden per 47 CFR § 97.113(a)(4) ("... obscene or indecent words or language...").

Information for weekend of Saturday 8/24:

Time: Sat 8:00AM until battery dies -- typically late Sunday evening
Frequency: 144.5MHz
Transmitter Power: 5 watts
Constraints: Within the City of Richardson

Happy hunting!

73 de KE5GDB

(PS: Feel free to pass this along to other area clubs)

--
Andrew Koenig

Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ

Fox hunters,
 The fox is alive. Good luck this weekend.

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 19:35, Philip Cook
<ka5gkl@...> wrote:
[...]

 Unfortunately the fox has died. Sorry for the game ending so soon. We will get the battery situation better for next time.

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

<ka5gkl@...> wrote:
[...]

Wonder why it lived such a short but full life?  I know those of us who knew him well will miss him.  He was a good fox.

 73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

<ka5gkl@...> wrote:
[...]

Hello Fox hunters,

 I have the log for this weekend. Unfortunately the battery didn’t last all day today. We will try to remedy this situation before next weekend.

1st KE5GDB

2nd KG5YXA

3rd AG5VW

4TH W5INF

5TH KI50 & W5XJ

6TH KC5DFC

7TH WB5HSI

8TH KI5EWP

9TH N5UH & Family

We hope every one had fun. Stay tuned for more fox hunts

de KG5RQZ. 73.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

 After some exploratory surgery today on the fox. I found out what happened. One of the internal batteries had come unplugged. So it was only running on 2 batteries, not 3. A nip here, a tuck there, and he's back to full force. Get ready for next weekend. 73

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 19:59, Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ via Groups.Io
<billyrpark@...> wrote:

[...]

Ken Noblitt - N5UA

Thanks Billy

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019, 6:18 PM Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ via Groups.Io <billyrpark=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Michael WT9V

We all appreciate your performing exploratory surgery on our favorite foxy... :D

Michael, WT9V
On 8/26/19 6:18 PM, Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Billy Abernathy - KI5EWP

It was awesome to finally find the Fox. Thank you guys for spending the time to set this up each week.

Thanks,
Billy Abernathy
KI5EWP