Topics

Fox Hunt - Saturday 9/7 & Sunday 9/8 @ 8:00AM - 144.5MHz #foxhunt

Andrew Koenig

It's time for round nine!

Joe KI5O will be our fox master this week!

Tune in on the RWK 147.12MHz repeater for fox hunt related discussion. Discussions about technique, cleverness of the fox master, and complaining about the fox transmit interval are encouraged; fox location spoilers are strictly forbidden per 47 CFR § 97.113(a)(4) ("...obscene or indecent words or language...").

Information:

Time: Sat 8:00AM until battery dies -- typically late Sunday evening
Frequency: 144.5MHz
Transmitter Power: 5 watts
Constraints: Within the City of Richardson

Happy hunting!

73 de KE5GDB

(PS: Feel free to pass this along to other area clubs)

--
Andrew Koenig

Joe Hodgkins KI5O

Good morning!!!

I'll be turning the fox on in about ten minutes (8am).  There is a bag full of goodies there too.  After signing the log, please grab a prize out of there if it is something that you will need.

Happy Hunting!
Joe
KI5O

Sam Wash

Haven’t heard beacon yet at my QTH. Tried my HT with stock antenna and my external roof mounted Tram antenna

On Sep 7, 2019, at 7:51 AM, Joe Hodgkins KI5O <ki5ojoe@...> wrote:

Good morning!!!

I'll be turning the fox on in about ten minutes (8am).  There is a bag full of goodies there too.  After signing the log, please grab a prize out of there if it is something that you will need.

Happy Hunting!
Joe
KI5O

Joe Hodgkins KI5O

Good morning Sam.  It is out in the open and the antenna is in same configuration as the previous hunts.

You may be getting some shading between the Fox and your QTH.  I can assure you it is out there hiding in the bush.

Joe
KI5O

Sam Wash

Thanks Joe!

On Sep 7, 2019, at 11:03 AM, Joe Hodgkins KI5O <ki5ojoe@...> wrote:

Good morning Sam.  It is out in the open and the antenna is in same configuration as the previous hunts.

You may be getting some shading between the Fox and your QTH.  I can assure you it is out there hiding in the bush.

Joe
KI5O

Mike Jahrig KG5P

I may be right out at the reception fringe but I'm still testing antennas.   It would be more helpful to me that instead of sending the WWV style clicks, maybe send beeps instead. Would give a few more seconds.

73  Mike KG5P

On Saturday, September 7, 2019, 12:18:59 PM CDT, Sam Wash <samuel.wash@...> wrote:

Thanks Joe!

On Sep 7, 2019, at 11:03 AM, Joe Hodgkins KI5O <ki5ojoe@...> wrote:

Good morning Sam.  It is out in the open and the antenna is in same configuration as the previous hunts.

You may be getting some shading between the Fox and your QTH.  I can assure you it is out there hiding in the bush.

Joe
KI5O

Michael WT9V

I can hear it up in the middle of plano *barely* if I turn down the squelch... sometimes I can hear it clearly up here.

Michael, WT9V
On 9/7/19 2:09 PM, Mike Jahrig KG5P wrote:

I may be right out at the reception fringe but I'm still testing antennas.   It would be more helpful to me that instead of sending the WWV style clicks, maybe send beeps instead. Would give a few more seconds.

73  Mike KG5P

On Saturday, September 7, 2019, 12:18:59 PM CDT, Sam Wash <samuel.wash@...> wrote:

Thanks Joe!

On Sep 7, 2019, at 11:03 AM, Joe Hodgkins KI5O <ki5ojoe@...> wrote:

Good morning Sam.  It is out in the open and the antenna is in same configuration as the previous hunts.

You may be getting some shading between the Fox and your QTH.  I can assure you it is out there hiding in the bush.

Joe
KI5O

Joe Hodgkins KI5O

Results.....  Thank you for participating!

1.  KC5DFC
2.  KG5YXA
3.  AA5AH
4.  AG5VW