Topics

Fox Hunting #foxhunt

Jay Pinkerton - KE5FMS

It works!  Thanks Chip, good ideal.

Sorry for all the test emails.  It is working now.  I will go QRT.

Jay Pinkerton
KE5FMS

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 11:16 AM Jay Pinkerton - KE5FMS via Groups.Io <jaytpink=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
OK, a test from gmail.  No need to reply.  I can see it on the group IO web page.

Test Test.

😀
Jay Pinkerton

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 7:38 PM Philip Cook <ka5gkl@...> wrote:
Fox was at Sears loading dock at Plano Rd and Beltline Rd.  It was the very first fox hunt site that no one searched for except me so I recycled it.

Those who found it:

KI5O
KC5DFC
KG5YXA
KI5EWP
W5INF
K5CG

Go work all!

Good Morning!

Fox is up and running!

144.500 MHz

Sign the log.

My original location required five minutes walking but no easy parking so I abandoned it for now.  This is a really easy location so if you’re on the fence about fox hunting this is one to try.

 73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
Richardson RACES #311
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

Jay Pinkerton - KE5FMS

[...]

Billy you’re too young to remember Major Tom :-)

73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
Richardson RACES #311
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

On Sep 30, 2019, at 10:23 AM, Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ via Groups.Io <billyrpark@...> wrote:

Major Tom to ground control, come in Jay.

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 10:18, Jay Pinkerton - KE5FMS
<jay@...> wrote:
OK, I see when logged into groups.io that

HB Paksoy N9MI
and
Ed Terry N5XIE

Replied to my email.  Thanks but It did not come to my email.  I changed a setting in groups.io.  Can someone reply again and see if I get an email?

Thansk

Jay Pinkerton
972-467-0478 Cell
KE5FMS

<jay@...> wrote:
[...]

Second reply

On 9/30/19 10:18 AM, Jay Pinkerton - KE5FMS wrote:
[...]

I got it

sent via mobile

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019, 9:54 AM Jay Pinkerton - KE5FMS <jay@...> wrote:
Can someone email me direct and tell me you received this email?  I have it set up on Groups IO to send me a copy of emails I send but I never get a copy.  Was wondering if my emails are going through

Reply to jay@...

Jay Pinkerton
972-467-0478 Cell
KE5FMS

[...]

you are 559  :-)

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 9:54 AM Jay Pinkerton - KE5FMS <jay@...> wrote:
[...]

Dang it.  I was close.   Was hearing it with no antenna on my HT in front of Habor Freight.

Jay Pinkerton
972-467-0478 Cell
KE5FMS

[...]

Mike Jahrig KG5P

That's less than a mile from my house.  I thought it had to have been pretty close.  It was pegging my s meter.
KG5P

On Sunday, September 29, 2019, 07:38:13 PM CDT, Philip Cook <ka5gkl@...> wrote:

[...]

Andrew Koenig

The external battery is 19aH and the internal batteries are 12aH (total), yielding 31aH. All of the batteries are aging though; the 19aH is a John West special from ~5 years ago at the DARC, and it was surplus when he got it.

Ian, I like your approach. Let's give that a try and if it doesn't make it through a weekend we'll look buying something new.

The reading Phil saw (12aH) was what the charger sourced to the batteries, meaning they are pulling far less than the 31 theoretical amp-hours. The whole thing pulls around an amp when transmitting, and I think ~0.45A when idling.

73 de KE5GDB

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 4:40 PM Ian Stubbs <kc5dfc@...> wrote:
I found an 18ah unit that is about the same form factor. Will drop it at the fox when I find it next Saturday.

Regards,
Ian Stubbs

On Sep 29, 2019, at 3:08 PM, Philip Cook <ka5gkl@...> wrote:

Waiting for Andrew to answer.  That’s what it read when I put it out.

 73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
Richardson RACES #311
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

On Sep 29, 2019, at 2:54 PM, Ian Stubbs <kc5dfc@...> wrote:

What is the preferred amp hour rating?  I didn't look at the one on the fox closely but it is somewhere in the 12ah range?

Regards,
Ian Stubbs
KC5DFC

On Sep 29, 2019, at 1:55 PM, Robert Hill <roberthill@...> wrote:

Same here, haven't been hunting yet but it is in my future. A few $$ is worth it.

On 9/29/2019 1:07 PM, Danny K5CG via Groups.Io wrote:
Is there a way to have it pause between midnight and 8am.

Really though, how many are going to go fox hunting after midnight?