Topics

Fox Hunt - Saturday 10/19 - It's Alive! - 144.5MHz & 147.44MHz #foxhunt

Andrew Koenig

Sorry for the late start. I slept in a little today.

There are two foxes out today.

144.5MHz and 147.44MHz

Same thing as normal: they run until tomorrow evening or until the battery dies and they are located in Richardson city limits.

Happy hunting!

Penny Ragan

Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to fox hunt yet. I'm eaither at work (like I am now) or if its a Saturday I don't work I'm busy with something else (like I will be next Saturday.)

Sooner or later hopefully I'll get the chance.

The reason I'm replying to this Andrew is to tell you that you do so much for RWK. You do a great job with the repeater, and keeping the fox hunt going. If you need to sleep in every now and then you more than earned it.

Just know that you are appreciated.  At least by this Ham.

Penny W8GNL.

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019, 9:01 AM Andrew Koenig <ke5gdb@...> wrote:
Sorry for the late start. I slept in a little today.

There are two foxes out today.

144.5MHz and 147.44MHz

Same thing as normal: they run until tomorrow evening or until the battery dies and they are located in Richardson city limits.

Happy hunting!

Philip Cook N5UH

I agree with Penny.  You need to take a Saturday with no fox, no bike race, no repeater upgrade!  You’re appreciated and need to take a weekend to yourself!

73,

Philip Cook - N5UH
Richardson RACES #311
n5uh.phil@...
n5uh@...
(209) 923-2481 mobile

;

On Oct 19, 2019, at 12:48 PM, Penny Ragan <w8gnl.us@...> wrote:

[...]

John Slaughter

I’m in full agreement.

John

[...]

Ken Noblitt - N5UA

amen. I may even try be able to get away from work today and give it a try.

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 1:30 PM John Slaughter <john.e.slaughter@...> wrote:

I’m in full agreement.

John

[...]

Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ

I agree. Andrew we may not say thank you enough for what you do, but we all very much appreciate your hard work in keeping the RWK stack in tip top shape. 73.

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

Sam Wash

Many thanks and nice touch on the robot voice beacon Creator

On Oct 19, 2019, at 2:09 PM, Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ via Groups.Io <billyrpark@...> wrote:

I agree. Andrew we may not say thank you enough for what you do, but we all very much appreciate your hard work in keeping the RWK stack in tip top shape. 73.

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

Chip Coker KD4C

Fun hunt today! So many nooks and crannies…   Foxes that play together, stay together…

Chip KD4C

Sorry for the late start. I slept in a little today.

There are two foxes out today.

144.5MHz and 147.44MHz

Same thing as normal: they run until tomorrow evening or until the battery dies and they are located in Richardson city limits.

Happy hunting!

Andrew Koenig

Thanks for the kind words y'all. I really appreciate it!

It looks like the battery in Fox 1 is on its last leg right now. I'm hearing 1 tick and then the transmitter dies. I replaced the internal batteries with a new pair, so they're not any concern, but the replacement external battery is a dud (different battery, same generation).

I think Fox 2 is still chugging along, but I can't hear it from my QTH that well (it's a 1/2 transmitter).

73 de KE5GDB

--
Andrew Koenig

John Slaughter

Thanks again.  I looked yesterday and got close, but never actually found the fox.   Perhaps I will have better luck next time.

John WB5HSI

[...]

Fox 2 is still going strong (S7 on my roof antenna) so there’s still a chance to find it today.  I think it may be lonely without Fox 1…

- KD4C

[...]

Ian Stubbs

Thanks Andrew for all that you do for the club!  Did you find the extra batt at fox # 2?

Regards,
Ian Stubbs

[...]

I did! Thanks for leaving that. It will make its debut next week.

73 de KE5GDB