Topics

Fox Hunt - 144.5MHz - 11/9 though 11/10 #foxhunt

Andrew Koenig

By the time you read this email the fox should be out and alive.

Same thing as always:
- 144.5MHz
- Somewhere in the city limits
- Runs until Sunday evening

Only Fox 1 will be out today. Fox 2 is getting some upgrades to announce box temperature and battery voltage over the air.

Having your callsign in the logs for the month of November will enter you in a prize drawing to be held at the December RWK meeting.

Also, the new battery has been performing well. Thanks again to Ian KC5DFC for procuring a new 18aH battery.

73 de KE5GDB

--
Andrew Koenig

Joe Hodgkins KI5O

Thanks Andrew!!!!  I tried for a bit this morning, and had to peel off for work.

Will try again tonight!!!

Joe

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 8:07 AM Andrew Koenig <ke5gdb@...> wrote:
By the time you read this email the fox should be out and alive.

Same thing as always:
- 144.5MHz
- Somewhere in the city limits
- Runs until Sunday evening

Only Fox 1 will be out today. Fox 2 is getting some upgrades to announce box temperature and battery voltage over the air.

Having your callsign in the logs for the month of November will enter you in a prize drawing to be held at the December RWK meeting.

Also, the new battery has been performing well. Thanks again to Ian KC5DFC for procuring a new 18aH battery.

73 de KE5GDB

--
Andrew Koenig

Jay Pinkerton - KE5FMS

Great day for a fox hunt. Motorcycle mobile.

Attached the photo but if it doesn't go through groups IO then here it is

Great fun. Thanks Andrew and K5RWK

Jay
KE5FMS

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019, 8:07 AM Andrew Koenig <ke5gdb@...> wrote:
By the time you read this email the fox should be out and alive.

Same thing as always:
- 144.5MHz
- Somewhere in the city limits
- Runs until Sunday evening

Only Fox 1 will be out today. Fox 2 is getting some upgrades to announce box temperature and battery voltage over the air.

Having your callsign in the logs for the month of November will enter you in a prize drawing to be held at the December RWK meeting.

Also, the new battery has been performing well. Thanks again to Ian KC5DFC for procuring a new 18aH battery.

73 de KE5GDB

--
Andrew Koenig

Andrew Koenig

Very nice! How do you fit the 6 element VHF beam on there?

Also, it looks like nobody has grabbed the microwavable pork rinds yet. Y'all need to keep hunting so those don't come home.

73 de KE5GDB

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019, 2:54 PM Jay Pinkerton - KE5FMS <jaytpink@...> wrote:
[...]

Ken Noblitt - N5UA

Did someone say pork rinds?

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019, 1:57 PM Andrew Koenig <ke5gdb@...> wrote:
[...]

No beam on this motorcycle.  I still need to build a direction finding antenna.  I usually start off in the truck and when I get close, I use an HT with long whip.  Then when I get close I go to shorter antenna.  Then when I get closer, Paper Clip.  And when I am really close, no antenna at all.  I use my body to shield the antenna.  I do get some direction out of the paper clip believe it or not.  I bent it horizontally and hold it still with my finger.  I'm sure my finger attenuates the signal some but it works.   A mini beam.  Ha ha.  I could here it from my house yesterday, so I just went on the motorcycle instead of the truck.

Jay Pinkerton
KE5FMS

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 3:57 PM Andrew Koenig <ke5gdb@...> wrote:
[...]

John Di Filippo

Jay,
Thanks for the excellent close-in DF tips! I have been pretty good at getting in the vicinity but my close-in work needs some help. I'll try your techniques in the future.

John
=================

On Monday, November 11, 2019, 09:13:20 AM CST, Jay Pinkerton - KE5FMS <jaytpink@...> wrote:

[...]

Nothing quite like standing in the Racetrack parking lot holding a radio and spinning around in a circle.  I was at the one across the street from the Richardson Hospital at GB and Renner.  Lucky a couple of guys did not come out of the hospital with a straight jacket.  LOL!!

Jay Pinkerton

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 9:23 AM John Di Filippo <j-difilippo@...> wrote:
[...]

Katie Gibson

I was in the area, but I didn't see you. I would have stopped by if I had. Lol

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019, 9:33 AM Jay Pinkerton - KE5FMS <jaytpink@...> wrote:
[...]

Vania, Gi

Nice, I’ll have to try too when I get some time.

Thanks!

Gi – N9ZSE