From: "Danny K5CG via Groups.Io" <k5cg@...>
To: "main" <main@K5RWK.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2019 7:48:30 AM
Subject: [k5rwk] The fox is on the loose #foxhunt

The fox has been released. It's on the fox 1 frequency of 144.50MHz.

Please make an entry in the log inside with your callsign and phone number to be eligible for the prize drawing to be held at the December 9th meeting.

Members and non-members are welcome to attend any general meeting or the weekly lunch, or Saturday Breakfast.

Danny
K5CG

Katie Gibson

Decided to hunt the fox, today. Plans are temporarily thwarted by a dead car battery and a road side assistance person who is going the exact opposite direction from my location. Thanks to GPS, I know he's now 20 miles past me and still going.

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019, 7:48 AM Danny K5CG via Groups.Io <k5cg=hamoperator.org@groups.io> wrote:
The fox has been released. It's on the fox 1 frequency of 144.50MHz.

Please make an entry in the log inside with your callsign and phone number to be eligible for the prize drawing to be held at the December 9th meeting.

Members and non-members are welcome to attend any general meeting or the weekly lunch, or Saturday Breakfast.

Danny
K5CG

Katie Gibson

I'm getting closer, I think. Maybe....

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019, 8:24 AM Danny K5CG via Groups.Io <k5cg=hamoperator.org@groups.io> wrote:
Clues...

The fox is inside City limits this weekend.

It is right behind a gate in a chain link fenced area. You can see it easily and the gate is not locked.

The fox has been released. It's on the fox 1 frequency of 144.50MHz.

Please make an entry in the log inside with your callsign and phone number to be eligible for the prize drawing to be held at the December 9th meeting.

Members and non-members are welcome to attend any general meeting or the weekly lunch, or Saturday Breakfast.

Danny
K5CG

John Slaughter

I found it!  Keep in mind that there can be lots of confusing reflections.

John

WB5HSI

The fox is inside City limits this weekend.

It is right behind a gate in a chain link fenced area. You can see it easily and the gate is not locked.

The fox has been released. It's on the fox 1 frequency of 144.50MHz.

Please make an entry in the log inside with your callsign and phone number to be eligible for the prize drawing to be held at the December 9th meeting.

Members and non-members are welcome to attend any general meeting or the weekly lunch, or Saturday Breakfast.

Danny
K5CG

Katie Gibson

I called it quits. I'll come back at it with different antennas another time.

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019, 12:15 PM John Slaughter <john.e.slaughter@...> wrote:

I found it!  Keep in mind that there can be lots of confusing reflections.

John

WB5HSI

The fox is inside City limits this weekend.

It is right behind a gate in a chain link fenced area. You can see it easily and the gate is not locked.

The fox has been released. It's on the fox 1 frequency of 144.50MHz.

Please make an entry in the log inside with your callsign and phone number to be eligible for the prize drawing to be held at the December 9th meeting.

Members and non-members are welcome to attend any general meeting or the weekly lunch, or Saturday Breakfast.

Danny
K5CG

Berl Driskill

We found it! With our leader Chip KD4C and Al KI5CAD both with a Yagi and my Magnetic Loop antenna which is unaffected by bounces off buildings. We couldn’t go till Sunday morning but made short work of the Fox
Berl W5Icx

Danny K5CG

Picked up the fox.

I was setting up my new sdr receiver, it was very strong on a 10 inch whip in my home in the reservation.

sent via mobile

On Sun, Nov 24, 2019, 8:48 PM Danny K5CG via Groups.Io <k5cg=hamoperator.org@groups.io> wrote:
Picked up the fox.

Danny K5CG

The log book had the following entries.

KG5YXA David Hartwig
KI5O Joe Hodgkins
KC5DFC Ian Stubbs
WB5HSI John Slaughter
AA5AH Robert Umpleby
N5UA Ken Noblitt
KE5FMS Jay Pinkerton
KD5OUG Doug Kilgore
KF5LJD Buddy Shipley
KT5KMF Katherine Forson
K5WFR Robert Forson
KD4C Chip Coker
W5ICX Berl Driskill
KI5CAD Al Barrios
KE5GDB Andrew Koenig

Ian Stubbs

Nice turnout!

Regards,
Ian Stubbs
KC5DFC

On Nov 24, 2019, at 9:32 PM, Danny K5CG via Groups.Io <k5cg@...> wrote:

The log book had the following entries.

KG5YXA David Hartwig
KI5O Joe Hodgkins
KC5DFC Ian Stubbs
WB5HSI John Slaughter
AA5AH Robert Umpleby
N5UA Ken Noblitt
KE5FMS Jay Pinkerton
KD5OUG Doug Kilgore
KF5LJD Buddy Shipley
KT5KMF Katherine Forson
K5WFR Robert Forson
KD4C Chip Coker
W5ICX Berl Driskill
KI5CAD Al Barrios
KE5GDB Andrew Koenig

Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ

We: Kevin N2QIN, Bob(newly licensed), and myself got close this afternoon. Got to JJ Pierce and ran out of time. I found out later it was just to the south of that location.

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ