Topics

Hello from W5PB

Bill K W5PB

Hi everyone. Having been on the repeater and the beginners net, I was encouraged to sign up for the mailing list here. I am gradually getting back into amateur radio after a roughly 25 year lapse. My original call was N5OOO, but that expired long ago  Interests are HF  and digital modes as well as related interests of SWL, NDB hunting, and weather says. Recently installed an Icom 5100 in my car, and despite a fair amount of experience with D Star, I'm having a few issues I'm still trying to sort out. 

Hope to make a meeting soon, either on air or in person. 

Danny K5CG

Welcome Bill,

I had to lookup "NDB" as I'd never heard that term before. Interesting how one learns of new things all the time in this hobby.

(To others, no, I'm not going to say what NDBs are, you can do it too).

Glad you are here.

Danny, K5CG
RWK Treasurer
http://www.k5rwk.org

To: "main" <main@K5RWK.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2020 1:45:11 AM
Subject: [k5rwk] Hello from W5PB
Hi everyone. Having been on the repeater and the beginners net, I was encouraged to sign up for the mailing list here. I am gradually getting back into amateur radio after a roughly 25 year lapse. My original call was N5OOO, but that expired long ago  Interests are HF  and digital modes as well as related interests of SWL, NDB hunting, and weather says. Recently installed an Icom 5100 in my car, and despite a fair amount of experience with D Star, I'm having a few issues I'm still trying to sort out. 

Hope to make a meeting soon, either on air or in person. 

Billy Parkinson - KG5RQZ

Bill,
 Welcome to the group and to RWK. I have 2 Dstar radios, while I'm no expert on Dstar, I'd be happy to help with your issues. Feel free to email me off group and I'll try to help. 73. 

Billy Parkinson
KG5RQZ

Welcome!!! 
Glad you found the beginners net and the groups io 
If you need anything at all reach out to the club.. most wont bite lol

Jake - W5TXX