Topics

Fox #1 will be out for the hunt soon. 144.5MHz #foxhunt

Chip Coker KD4C

The Fox is ready to hang out and welcome another good group of hunters!

As usual, it’s in the city of Richardson. Vehicle accessible but won’t be easy to spot.

Just use your smart phone and shoot the QR code on the front of the Fox with your camera to go to the online fox hunt log. If you can’t get the QR code to work, type in the coded URL just under the code from any phone or computer.

Happy hunting!

- Chip KD4C

Chip Coker KD4C

A really good group of hunters this week:

KG5WRY Bob Hill
W5ICX Berl Driskill
N5PMU Richard Jennings
KI5O Joe Hodgkins   - Welcome back to the hunt!
KI5GRN Bob Romans
KG5RQZ Billy Parkinson
N2QIN Kevin Arlington
KI5RLP Bob Perkins
WS5L Don Griffin
KF5LJD Buddy Shipley
KT5KMF Katherine Forson / K5WFR Rob Forson
WB5HSI John Slaughter
W8GNL Penny Ragan / KM5VZ Bill Richards
K5CG Danny Siminiuk / K5MMI Mimi Siminiuk

14 Teams this week!  The fox was supervising the new bike trail construction along Duck Creek between Glenville and Plano rd north of Arapaho.

73 and see you next week.

- Chip KD4C

On Aug 1, 2020, at 8:48 AM, Chip Coker KD4C <chip@...> wrote:

The Fox is ready to hang out and welcome another good group of hunters!

As usual, it’s in the city of Richardson. Vehicle accessible but won’t be easy to spot.

Just use your smart phone and shoot the QR code on the front of the Fox with your camera to go to the online fox hunt log. If you can’t get the QR code to work, type in the coded URL just under the code from any phone or computer.

Happy hunting!

- Chip KD4C

Chris Tuti, KI5JER

Hunted for the fox solo with HT and RTL-SDR and rabbit ears. Don’t know what I’m doing just used signal strength no fancy software or equipment. My laptop ran out of juice and my signal strength go to a 9 on HT but not sure how close I got before I quit. I finally started keeping track best I could think of was starting to make a heat map. Seemed like I was close .....but also thought I was close  just west of 75 when I saw a couple guys on  the radio close to Cafe Brazil(ish)
I still had fun and watched the video about fox hunting. Can’t wait to see if I was in the ballpark.

On Aug 2, 2020, at 8:16 PM, Chip Coker KD4C <chip@...> wrote:

[...]

<image0.jpeg>
<image2.jpeg>