Topics

Denton Club General License Class

Mark Beebe

Hi All,

I received the message below from the Denton club.  This could be a good opportunity for anyone looking to make the leap to a General license, though it does fall on the same weekend as our Winter Field Day activities.  Please feel free to reach out to Nancy with any questions.

Also, one last shameless plug from me to all RWK members to sign up for the President's dinner.  Today is your last day to register, and no walk-ins will be accepted.  This is going to be an amazing event for members and their guests, and I look forward to seeing everyone who can make it on the 12th!

73 and Happy New Year,
Mark

Mark Beebe, W5YF
President, RWK
(214) 405-5693

Hi All,
DCARA is holding a General License Class January 25th and 26th 2020.
Please share the class information with anyone who might be interested.
Thank You,
Nancy Graff AG5MQ
DCARA training coordinator

 DCARA General License Class

DCARA will host an Amateur Radio General License Class on Saturday and Sunday January 25th - 26th 2020.

Place: Denton County EOC

            9060 Teasley Ln (FM 2181)

            Denton, TX 76210

Time: Saturday 8:00 to 5:00 A box lunch will be included.

          Sunday 8:00 to 3:00 Testing at 3:00 pm

Text:  Gordon West's 2019-2023 General Class Study Manual and/or ARRL General Class License Manual 9th Edition

Fee: $15.00 This covers your testing Fee.

         Please register and pay in advance via PayPal on the club website www.dcara.net

         Test takers must bring a photo ID.
         Current amateur radio operators must bring a copy of their license.

To Sign up for the class please go to the DCARA website www.dcara.net, go to the calendar, a link will direct you to the class announcement with a paypal button to make your payment.

It is recommended you start studying before the class starts.

There are many self study options online and phone apps that drill one on the actual test questions that might appear on the general license test.
Just do a search for ham radio test...here are a few:
QRZ https://www.qrz.com/hamtest/
HamTestOnline www.hamtestonline.com/study.jsp?action=1fl49fiws72v
ARRL http://www.arrl.org/exam-practice

There are also many helpful YouTube videos.

Many like the Gordon West videos that follow his text.

Another resource is the following Youtube videos from the Hurst Amateur Radio Club: W5YI 2019-2023 General Class

For Further Information contact Nancy Graff AG5MQ training@...