Topics

Fox 1 is alive on 144.50MHz #foxhunt

Danny K5CG

Fox is on 1W power.

New audio files this week. See if you can determine where they come from.

Please post a reply here when you find it.

Danny

Joe Hodgkins KI5O

Thanks Danny!

I just pulled up and signed the log.  1W seems to be working great

I did not recognize the audio, but was able to locate it via a quick search.  Great clips!!!

Appreciate you setting it up this weekend.  I genuinely enjoy these hunts.

Joe
KI5O

Katherine Forson

Danny:

We found the fox about 30 minutes ago. Didn’t recognize the audio, but Google was our friend. Thanks for taking the time to set these up!

73
Katherine
KT5KMF

Danny K5CG

Looking  that the radio manual I think LOW is actually 1/2 Watt and yet I was still able to hear it breaking my squelch at Legacy and Chase Oaks. I think I'll try 100mW next time.

Joe Hodgkins KI5O

Danny,

The signal was strong for me.  That antenna had a good amount of metal to work against!!!

Joe

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 1:51 PM Danny K5CG via Groups.Io <k5cg=hamoperator.org@groups.io> wrote:
Looking  that the radio manual I think LOW is actually 1/2 Watt and yet I was still able to hear it breaking my squelch at Legacy and Chase Oaks. I think I'll try 100mW next time.

Ian Stubbs

I first heard it at Renner and George Bush. Good spot!

Regards,
Ian Stubbs

On Jan 4, 2020, at 2:19 PM, Joe Hodgkins KI5O <@KI5O> wrote:

native_texas

KF5LJD and WSL found the fox around 14:00

New audio files this week. See if you can determine where they come from.

Please post a reply here when you find it.

Danny

native_texas

Correction:
KF5LJD and WS5L found the fox around 14:00.

By the way, this is KF5LJD's Birthday:
Happy Birthday Buddy!

New audio files this week. See if you can determine where they come from.

Please post a reply here when you find it.

Danny

Danny K5CG

Happy Birthday Buddy!

Michael

Happy Birthday KF5LJD!

Michael, WT9V
On 1/4/20 3:45 PM, native_texas via Groups.Io wrote:

Correction:
KF5LJD and WS5L found the fox around 14:00.

By the way, this is KF5LJD's Birthday:
Happy Birthday Buddy!

New audio files this week. See if you can determine where they come from.

Please post a reply here when you find it.

Danny

Chip Coker KD4C

So many hiding places!

Chip KD4C

On Jan 4, 2020, at 8:17 AM, Danny K5CG via Groups.Io <k5cg@...> wrote:

Fox is on 1W power.

New audio files this week. See if you can determine where they come from.

Please post a reply here when you find it.

Danny

Robert Hill

Found the fox at 11:35 Sun. Saw the base of the antenna from a distance. Thanks for doing this. Always a lot of fun.

Robert A. Hill
This email is only for use by the designee .  All unlisted parties should  delete this email and may not use the data, metadata, or addresses enclosed in this communication.

John Slaughter

Found it this week.   Bumped into a ham, Brian from Plano who was also looking.  He spotted the antenna before I did, but I was heading in the right direction😉  Younger eyes!  I did try and recruit him into the club!

John

WB5HSI

New audio files this week. See if you can determine where they come from.

Please post a reply here when you find it.

Danny

Danny K5CG

Good job John!

Ken Noblitt - N5UA

Amazing how far you can hear that thing. Great job Danny alot of fun as always!

Cheers Ken N5UA

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020, 3:50 PM Danny K5CG via Groups.Io <k5cg=hamoperator.org@groups.io> wrote:
Good job John!

Danny K5CG

The fox is in until next week.
Thanks for playing!

Katie Gibson

Where was it? :)

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020, 5:27 PM Danny K5CG via Groups.Io <k5cg=hamoperator.org@groups.io> wrote:
The fox is in until next week.
Thanks for playing!

Danny K5CG

Danny K5CG

Congratulations to all who found the Fox.

KI5O Joe Hodgkins
KC5DFC Ian Stubbs
KT5KMF Katherine Forson
K5WFR Robert Forson
KF5LJD Buddy Shipley
WS5L Don Griffin
KE5GDB Andrew Koenig
KD4C Chip Coker
KG5WRY Bob Hill
WB5HSI John Slaughter
KB5EBL Brian McDonald
N5UA Ken Noblitt

Next week we go down to 100mW for more difficulty.

Matt Ostrokol

I was so close! I got a flat tire and decided to call it a day. Thanks for putting these out!

I'm looking forward to the low power fox next week! I've been messing with a pifox running on a pizero with a bandpass filter to help hone my low power transmitter hunting skills.

Matt
KI5GVD